Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Why is it that so many people "want" to be "journalists?"

I overheard several people today talking about their plans to be a journalist, and the best part is that they all seemed to be discussing print journalism, specifically magazines. And the people who were making these plans totally didn't fit the picture I have in my head, not that that matters but whatever. Even better than this is how passionate they seemed to be, particuarly this one guy. I realize that today was just an anomaly, and the entire world doesn't have plans to enter print journalism. That said, it was a little weird/freightening.

I don't even plan on being a journalist. I figure the upside to lawyering and professoring is much larger. But I do have this impression of possible, occasional stabs at journalism. And if I went into "public intellectualism" I would definitely be a quasi-journalist. Anyway, despite my lack of plans to be a straight up journalist I'm still bothered by how many people at mesa have stolen my back-up, side-ways career.

Yeah I know they didn't steal it.
Do you want to be a journalist too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home