Monday, February 21, 2005

Yeah, you are.

I showed up at 3:50 and picked my place in line next to a pleasant looking girl who let me go get my real ticket since I only had an e-mail confirmation. At this point there were probably 50 people in line in front of me, but I'm sure a lot more sneaked in front just as the doors were opening. My time as the last person in line didn't last long. Soon some girl who really liked this red star showed up. I kept thinking she was talking to me, but she was one of those damn people with the little phone ear-piece/microphone things. She was soon joined by her sister who also had a little phone ear-piece/microphone things. This was very confusing becuase I first thought that both of the girls were talking to me, then I thought it was just the star-girl, then I realized they must be talking to eachother, but, of course, their conversations had absolutely nothing to do with eachother. It was a glorious little exchange. Trying to figure what the hell these girls were doing took up the next half hour, but the next half hour was a lot more fun.

The pleasant girl in front of me was joined by her friend at about 4:00. We talked a little bit and they held my place in line while I walked around a bit. When I got back I quickly realized that the pair in front of me were way more than friends. These two girls were embraced so tightly that I couldn't tell where one girl stopped and they other started. And their tongues were equally interwoven. So that was cool.
***
It was really fun how the line developed. People who showed up before me just exuded that 'indie' vibe, studded-belts, dark eye-make, you know. The crowd seemed to stay pretty indie till about 5:00, then the crowd started get a little more neutral (neutral meaning dressed like me eventhough I showed up at 3:50). Then about 6:10 the super-trendy crowd just poored in, I swear I saw a guy in my pink-stripped shirt.
***
By the time the show started I was really exhausted. I hadn't eaten since sometime that morning and I was dangerously dehydrated. I had been standing since 3:50, I stretched my muscles one in 4 hours, and by the time Blonde Redhead came on I was not feeling to well. But they quickly pulled me out of my misery. They were great, particularly great since everyone was a little edgy. And despite the awful sound at Soma I could understand what they were singing. They played a pretty long set, over an hour, and by the 9:00 I was already blind, mute, deaf, and numb all over. Fortunately there was a really long set-change for me to recoup.

By 9:30 I had positioned myself as best I could. I was in the 2-4 row of humanity just to the left of Carlos. I was very close to a fantastically fat young woman, and I now know her much better than I know any of you. Anyway, Interpol came on a great things followed.

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

well, glad to hear the lesbians excited you, haha. What show did you go to?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger matthew said...

It was Interpol. Unfortunately, the lesbians left not too long after I came back.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

oh...well ,don't fret. You can always go to hillcrest and find some more lesbians.
I thought it was Interpol (not that I even know them, but my friend really likes them and was playing some of their music for me today).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home