Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Dude, what the fuck, people are already studying for the gre. Studying for the lsat this early makes some sense, but that's still fucking insane, even if you plan on taking it next summer. Fucking insane I say, to all you gunners.

No job prospects for history majors. Absolutely NO job prospects for history phd kids. Law has the highest dissatisfaction rate, and I'm pretty sure I would hate my life as a lawyer. Journalism equates to eternal poverty and I'd have to be a little evil.

I don't think I have the skills, abilities, DRIVE, and intellect to do any of the above careers, the only careers I'm currently considering. I mean all of those are dependent on research, which I had thought was going to be my essential skill, but I ALWAYS end up screwing up my research. I ALWAYS end up skewing sources to serve some poorly reasoned thesis. The short story is I need to get better, but I'm concerned if I can really get better.

If you know what you want to do, even if you only have a blurry idea of your preferred field, you are so unbelievably lucky. I am jealous of you, and I hope you won't take your defined goal granted. Yeah, I take everything for granted too, it's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home