Thursday, October 06, 2005

I am not suited for frat parties or parties cut from that same mold. You have to able to approach people and not care if they turn you down. Either girls or guys. You need to be able to soak up awkwardness. I just can't imagine walking up to a girl and a)expecting her to just want to dance with me; b)be ok with her running away from me. How could I be? It's a reckless decision. It's acting for the sake of acting. There is no deliberation involved. I can't work that way, and I don't think there is anythin I can do about it. Not that I would really want to. What is it that I'm losing.

I'm losing the chance at some cheap anonymous sex. That is definitely some good stuff, but it's usually only good for seconds at a time and I don't think those few seconds justify infinite hours of awkwardness. I suppose I could meet some interesting people in this socialize first, analyze never method. But I just don't think it would happen. Ultimately I'm not a party guy. A drink with some friends is definitely great. Maybe, every now and then, pushing your social bounds at an apartment party is fine. But I will never be comfortable at a frat party. Who cares?

It'd be cool to have a girlfriend though. I'd like to have some romantic silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home