Saturday, January 01, 2005

DUDE! We will turn TWENTY this year! TWENTY! Do you know what that means??? TWENTY is two fucking decades. TWO DECADES!!! I must admit that arbitrary momuments of time are stupid to mean, but 20 is a glaring exception. For some strange reason I have this vivid memory of my aunt anne talking to me when I was nine about turning 10 and being a decade old. Soon enough I'll be two decades old. Wow! I had low expectations for 2004 and it delivered those low expectations beautifully. So for 2005 I expect good things. I doubt these good things will happen, but I do feel much better this New Years than last. So we shall raise our non-alcoholic beverages to what was in 2004, what will be in 2005, and that whole turning 20 thing.

A quick anecdote loosely related to age:
I was watching a clip show about things that happened in 2004 and there some excerpt from a local news show. The off-camera interviewer asked what looked to be an older military vet how old he was.
"I'm 84 years old," the stiffly standing vet answers.
The young-voiced interviewer adds, "84 years young may be a better answerr..."
The vet retorts, "SCREW YOU!!!!," before the interviewer could finish his summation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home