Monday, January 03, 2005

Work is painful. At the end of the day my fingers really hurt and my arms feel like they skim the floor. It's amazing how the constant thought running around my head is 'don't drop a box on your fingertips, dont do it matt!', but then I drop a box on my fingertips. It's not like I drop boxes from several inches high; most of the time I just forget to move my hand from underneath a box when I'm shifting it. The point is that smashing your fingertips on 50 lb boxes in painful (not bed of needles painful, but still painful). 8 hrs done this week, 32 to go.
**********
After working for only a month now I realize I won't be able to be a lawyer. The average big-firm lawyer works 55hrs a week, 50 weeks a year. The pay will start around 150k and ascend to perhaps 500k within a decade, but it is unlikely that the hours will ever decrease (perhaps to 45 on the low-side). Of course I know that there is a great difference between 40hrs as a laywer and 40hrs as a laborer. But in reality they aren't too different. At the end of the day you're going to be tired, and with either you lose some (actually a lot) of your joi de vivre that propels you through everday. So other career options must be assessed.
**********
Everyone seems to be leaving. Well only a few people, but most of the notable ones are leaving. It amazes me that I have exactly a month before school starts again. I have a month to do absolutely nothing. I'll probably work 40hrs a week and just see how long I can go before I die. Thanks for all the great shirts and books and things; I love them all. Now I need to buy myself some pants and shoes and music since everyone failed to do that. But I've got a little money now so I can do that.
**********
So the quest to be SUCCESSFULLY requited begins afresh in a month. I suppose it could happen before then but that seems nearly impossible. I have a month to buy some pants and figure how to shave. That shouldn't be too hard. There probably won't be any prospects. In fact, it's foolish to even hope, but hoping is all I got some I'm going to hold on to that one for a while.
**********
I think working makes me gain weight. Despite constantly lifting and whatnot I don't really do anything that's going to burn calories or anything like that. And I come home and eat TONS of food, because I haven't really eaten all day. So I think I'm fattening up, but whatever. When it warms up and I start working less I will run/surf a lot more. Other people say that and don't mean it but I think I'll actually execute. So here's the game plan. Work for at least three more weeks on this schedule, and then start to run/surf/maybesomeliftingorcrunches.

I'll be awake in 11 hrs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home