Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My futile pursuit of money is driving me insane. My idea for the video is very retarded and very lame. It just doesn't come off at all. It's not clever. It's so bad I can't low-ball expectations enough. All this negativity and I haven't even done the majority of the work video yet, amazing! I can't wait for it to be done so I can throw this monkey off my back, it's heavy.

Writing words that are intended to be spoken is very, very difficult. Prose is a joke, any monkey with a keyboard can write prose that is consumable. Spoken word is not prose, spoken word is verse. There are no paragraphs, but stanzas; no sentences, but lyrics. Every phrase must have weight. Everything must flow perfectly. Flow has never been my strongpoint. My limited writing abilities are confined to vocabulary and reason, two qualities that are not useful for verse-work. It's good practice I guess, but I am VERY tired of talking about how fantastic I am, I much prefer talking myself down.


HAPPY birthday michelle!


Writing, attempting to write, spoken word really gives me the urge to smoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home