Sunday, May 08, 2005

Today I realized how much power my dad has over me. He has a lot. I used to think I was my own master completely independent from external forces. Of course that was wrong. I'm a history major, which my dad will never approve. I strive to know anything and understand everything, which my dad doesn't care about. I put merit in good grades and other elitist thing, which my dad doesn't care about. It's like I've built my life around not being my dad, or maybe not being approved by my dad, and in that way he's excersized great control over me.

Whatever, I'm still doing well, or at least I'd like to think so. And in 2 years I'm going to have a nice shiny degree.

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger dinglebarf said...

congrats!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger sonya said...

that was really good, matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home