Saturday, November 12, 2005

I am always amazed by how crystal clear it is, always.

With Elliot Smith sings "Needle in the Hay" and a numbness lingering on my lips I open up my browser. I went to Le Monde, but I realized I couldn't read that. So I went to the The Economist. I dove into the latest story on France's riots, and then I started reading about the terrorist attacks in Jordan. After "Christian Brother" and another sip I started to realize how stupid I am. There are dead innocents in Jordan. There are millions in France who can't even hope for equality of oppurtunity in their own country. And there's Elliot Smith who had some sort of pain that is beyond my understanding. I put down my glass.

***
A little dramatic, but whatever. I enjoyed it.

On the exterior I am cool and calm, at least relative to the majority. But underneath that placidness I have actual emotions, passion too I guess. I just prefer to keep my emotions and passions below the surface. That's the only way they have meaning.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, ads suck.

You cant feel guilty for your emotions, as superficial as they may seem in retrospect. Yes compared to other peoples lives, yours may seem like a non-stop joyfest.. but your woes are yours and they're real. Dont feel obligated to slight your own feelings.

Why doesn't anyone ever post anymore?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home